Report the loss of your identity card (for Greek citizens)

You can report the loss of your ID card issued by police authorities in order to cancel it. You can file the report to the Police Department:

  • in which it had been issued, or
  • in that of your place of residence

The report of an identity card theft is made exclusively to the Security or Police Department of the area where it happened or to the nearest Police Authority, and not online.

You will need to login with your personal Taxisnet credentials.

The identity card is immediately cancelled by the Police Department (PD) after the filing of your declaration.

You can see your declaration at in your Inbox.

  • If your lost ID card is found, it should be delivered to the nearest Police Department.
  • To issue a new identity card, you need to contact the Police Department of your place of residence.


Service Information

This translation is generated by eTranslation, the European Commission’s automated translation service. You can learn more by clicking here.